Performing Arts Residencies support contemporary theater and dance in Central Europe by providing opportunities to host artists and companies from/in V4 countries.
Performing Arts residencies support innovation, experiment and creativity in the performing arts – new drama, contemporary dance, new circus, physical theatre, visual theater, alternative theater, performance art. The program is not suitable for stone theaters, already developed performances, or theater festivals.
* Both individual artists (1-2) and artistic groups (3 and more) can apply for this type of support.
* The applicant must be citizen from V4 country over the age of 18 and in case of a group (3 artists or more), all group members must be from countries other than the destination country
* The place of residency must be different than the applicant’s citizenship and residence
* Each applicant can get support only once per calendar year
* The length of support is 3 months with a min. 2-week stay in the host institution
* Residencies can take place between January 1, 2019 to December 31, 2019
* The support for individual residency is 1,500 € for the host institution and 2,500 € for the artist
* The amount of support group residency is 5,500 € for the group members and 2,500 € for the host institution
How to apply
The application form must be submitted via My Visegrad by October 15, 2018. The online application system opens 1 month before the deadline. It is not possible to apply outside of this submission period.
Application must be submitted with the following documents:
* Copy of your ID or passport (of each applicant if applying as a group)
* Artistic portfolio + reviews
* Scan of letter of acceptance from the host organization in English on a letterhead paper no older than 3 months which includes the names of the artists; title of the project; planned dates of the residency; date; name and signature of the statutory representative